Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Holy Crow!

Wow! This week was filled with new things to try and experiment with. I had no idea that a site like NoodleTools even existed. It is great. :) And as for the google alerts, I have added a few more and it has cut my "searching" done quite a bit. I also feel like I am in the know a bit more. I really am excited to add google alerts to my classroom email account. I think my students will be able to to come up with some pretty interesting art topics.

The evaluation guide was really not that difficult to create and in fact kind of fun. I enjoyed reading through some of the examples on the websites listed on our class wiki.

I can't believe we are already half way through the course. I hope we continue to unearth these really neat internet resources!!

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more, Rachel! It's actually kind of sad that this class is half done, since it's been so useful. All of the things we've learned are things I can take right back to my classroom and use. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked creating the site eval as well. Kathy Schrock's examples were great. I just shared those evals with some teachers today & they loved them. I plan to use them with my students to help them filter through some sites & figure out the best site for their needs (and more reliable, valid, etc, as well).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't Kathy Schrock's site and Noodle Tools almost beyond belief in terms of the sheer volume of helpful information!

    ReplyDelete