I can't believe we are already in our 4th course of the program. I think that I am really going to enjoy this class and can't wait to use all the tools and resources we are going to be learning. This course is only 2 credits so it is going to fly by before I know it! The topics outlined for each class sound really interesting and will be great learn right before the school year starts. I am very excited to use all these new skills and tools in my classroom.
The Internet Web Resource Site Evaluation Form is going to be a fun assignment. I tried to create one of these last year for my students but never really put it in place. I really want to start using this form right away. I have my students research artists, art movements, art history, and art pieces often and need them to know the difference bewteen a good internet source and a "not-so-good" source is.
Lastly, I am really excited for week 4!! The whole idea of copy right, fair use, etc. are really confusing and seem overwhelming, especially to students. I can't wait to learn about these concepts myself so that I can begin integrating it into my curriculum and instruction.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rachel, I see that you have discovered Toondo! I'm glad that this course will help to ensure that the evaluation form that you wanted to create last year will actually happen.
ReplyDeleteHey Rach - I totally agree about learning more about the copyright laws. As an LMS, I am the "copyright police" at my district and sometimes the lines get real blurry when it comes to legal and illegal copyright issues. I try to talk to my kids about it when we discuss plagiarism and citations.
ReplyDeleteRachel, I completely agree about wanting to learn about the copyright laws. Every time I give my students an assignment and ask them to use the internet, I'm thinking, "Is this legal to use or not?" If I'm not sure, how can I expect them to be sure? I'm really looking forward to learning more about how to tell if it's O.K.
ReplyDelete