I am really happy that this course what a part of this program becuase I was able to use so many of these different technology tools and strategies to my lessons since I have already been formally using marzanos learning startegies. I have some many more options for my lessons now and I love having all these different ways of teaching the smae material. It is really important to be able to reach all my students and I have found that by incorportating more technology into my lessons, I have been able to do that more sucessfully.
My biggest struggle with using these new tools and applications is that I have limited access to the computers and cameras needed to complete an entire project. (I have really large classes).
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I feel the same way!! I love having all the options for lessons. Technology is important if your a teacher in today's world. I have learned so much throughout this program thus far. I'm excited to see what the other classes are going to offer. I love using new tools and fresh ideas in the classroom.
ReplyDeleteRachel - It is so true that one teacher is able to reach so many more students by simply integrating technology into the activity or lesson. I've experienced, as I'm sure many others can say so as well, that the students are so much more engaged and interested when technology is present/used in the lesson. For example, I had a virtual guest speaker from CA (via Skype) talk to my students about entrepreneurship; this individual was named one of the 30 Under 30 Top Entrepreneurs last year by a well known entrepreneurial magazine (Inc). It was amazing to see the excitement & engagement of the students during the Skype session. I KNOW they wouldn't have been that interested/engaged had I simply contacted a local entrepreneur to come in to talk to my class. It really is amazing how much the students will react to the simple integration of technology like the one I mentioned. :)
ReplyDeleteRachel - I totally agree with you. This class has provided a great wealth of information...many of the new strategies I'm trying to implement in my current classes. It's amazing how important technology is to using these strategies...makes you wonder how we got by before these new technologies came along!
ReplyDelete