I am so excited for this class. I am a freelance photographer and love taking pictures. One of my favorite things to do is to have the pictures narrate or tell a story-without the need for text. Although, I have never put a formal digital story together I can't wait to try.
I really hope to learn how do do this as well as find ways to teach this. I have been itching to have my students create a photostory on their favorite artist or art piece. I have yet to decide what the project would entail but, think after this class I should have a much better idea on how to go about introducing the project. (Photostory is a free microsoft application that allows users to create a presentation from digital photographs and you can narrate the story instead of speaking in front of a group of people.)
I also really like the posterous project. I have been having fun taking pictures without purpose. It has also been fun to see the images my classmates are posting. We are going to get to share our personalities in a new way- visual images!!
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rachel - I said the exact same thing about the Posterous project; it really will be fun to see all of the pictures from our classmates over the next few weeks. We'll all learn a few things about each other that we didn't know before this project which will be lots of fun!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree more! This project is going to be fun. I enjoy taking pictures and actually am using at a "therapy" for the loss of my son. It helps me reflect on things that I see that remind me of him. I am so excited to see how this works and hope to use it more often!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you reminded me about Photostory, Rachel! I had my third graders try to make movies about our Adopt-a-Grandparents' lives using Windows MovieMaker, but they didn't really turn out as great as I had planned. I wonder if Photostory would be better? I think I am going to learn a lot in this class that will make me much better prepared to teach my students to make movies in the future.
ReplyDeleteRachel, you took the words right out of my mouth. I also love taking pictures! But I usually find myself talking about them in person rather than telling a story in digital format.
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of photostory and would love to learn more. I might be able to add that portion to my exploring music projects.
Your post garnered many replies! What can you share with all of us on how to improve our pictures?
ReplyDeleteLouis,
ReplyDeleteI would love to talk about composing a picture. Let me know if there is a time I could talk about this!!