Statistics and Art...
Well now that we are over half way through class I have raelly been pondering how I use statistics in my classroom. I have never really considered doing too much data collection as my curriculum doesn't really have data collection assignments (tests, quizzes, homework) but rather projects and process grades. I am thinking that when I am back in the classroom next year (I will be out on FMLA for the remainder of this school year) that I will begin to track my students grades using some of statistic concepts we have been learning.
I know that my school uses data A LOT and we analyze it through a variety of different tools...MAPS, WKCE, Explore, AIMS, STEM, etc. but this data rarely makes its way into the specialists classrooms (music, art, p.e., health, spanish, face...) on a regular basis as we have such limited time with the students. We know the students scores and how/why the data is important but it is much more difficult to use it daily in our instruction.
I now know how to analyze data that come directly from my curriculum and students to make it relevant to me.
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment