By changing my Renaissance art unit into an online student centered lesson, I realized that it can be done and in some cases seems to make the lessons more interesting for both me and the students. I am excited to try this unit out next year in my face to face room. Although we are not an online class, I want to begin trying more blended learning!
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
student centered learning online
During this weeks session I reflected heavily on my units that are very teacher centered and wondered how I could change them to be more student centered. In doing so I found that most often it involved the use of technology. This really didn't surprise me since some of the most successful ways of getting students engaged and take control of their learning is to incorporate technology. With this in mind, I also realized how important virtual schooling is becoming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment