Monday, May 23, 2011

The end..once again

It's crazy that yet another class is done and over with! I feel like this class went exceptionally fast..bummer! I really enjoyed learning how to teach online. It opened up my eyes to the other side of online learning. I am now much more comfortable with the idea of teaching online but worlds away from being ready to start teaching online. I know that I will be able to do it and hopefully will have the opportunity to do so in the near future, but for right now, I am still just getting my feet wet!

I also feel like I had my eyes really opened to the possibility of teaching art online and not just art history or an art appreciation course. I have begun researching different virtual schools and online classes in the arts to find out exactly how these classes are taught. I really love the hands on atmosphere an art room has and couldn't really grasp how I could do this online. Now, more than ever, I am sure I could do it...it would just be "different". I have learned to be okay with different. I may not be able to physically be there with my students but can create videos and tutorials to do it online. In addition, they might not always have to be "doing" or "creating" a physical something...

No comments:

Post a Comment