Sunday, January 9, 2011

Photo sharing? Yes please!

This week I was excited to look at different photosharing sites and loved the video to explain it. I am finding that my students love to post things online and what a better way to encourage art then to have them publish there work online? I am hoping to have a project in Febuary about art and emotion for 8th graders that revolves around photography...maybe using a photo sharing site is the direction I should go?

What photo sites do you use with your students? Does anyone?

I was hoping to use flickr since thats what I am the most familiar with, but my district doesn't let students use it and I would need email addresses for my students.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel,

    Doesn't Edmodo allow file sharing and up to 100MB per student? Plus it was made for educators so it has filters and safety software built in. So, ti might be easier to get "okayed" by your district. Just a thought.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chose Flikr and I'm really enjoying it. WOW...I'm organized with my photos now. hahaha Usually I take photos and put the disk in a drawer and nothing gets done with it. It's a great way to share with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete