Sunday, January 23, 2011

Week 4

So I have been really wanting to create podcasts of my lessons for my classroom so parents and absent students can check for clarifications, but never really set up a time to do it. I'm really hoping that now that I have some experience and tools to do it, I will feel more confident about it. My only concern is that in 4 weeks I will be gone on maternity leave and won't be able to really do any major podcasting this year. :(
Have any of you made podcasts of your classes before? Did your students like them?

I also think that the google site I am creating will be extremely helpful for me and my students next year. I wanted to create a wiki but have been having fun playing around with google sites this week and think this is a better avenue for me. I also think that by creating a google site I can show my students how easy it is and maybe they will be enticed to create their own google sites.

Anyone with a current classroom website you would like to share with me? I'm just looking for ideas and options!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel - thanks for posting the video...I think I might use it during our staff tech day in February! I, too, am excited about using Google site as my wiki. I haven't started it yet, but have looked through several tutorials and am sure this is what I want to use. I plan on using it as my main library webpage at school. We'll see how that turns out!

    ReplyDelete