Thank you for making all my google searching and history tracking so much less time comsuming. I am a little upset that I was not fully aware of your power sooner, but will embrace our new relationship with a smile.
Love,
Rachel
Basically, I love this concept!!! It still is a bit overwhelming but nothing I can't figure out. I feel like I am constantly finding new tools that are just making my life easier and easier and I couldn't be happier. I am excited to use this to find new info on artists and digital art that is current to use for my classroom. I like to incorporate art news or recent events in my teaching but find it time consuming to "google" everything...not to mention the keeping up with it everyday. Now I click a button and BAM! Everything I want, filtered and ready to read!!
I don't think many of my students will be able to use this feature, but my co-workers would love this. I'm sure many of them have hear of RSS and some may even use it, but most are probably like me. I have seen it but never had the guts to look into what it really was.
Now I just need an extra 5 hours a day to explore all these tools and fully understand the features and abilities the RSS feeds have.
Rachel,
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree more. I thought I knew what RSS was but again, I have been proven that I really knew nothing about it. I am excited to have many things that I have used before and now can keep up to date just by going to my reader. How awesome!!!
Nice letter at the beginning too. It made me laugh because I could have started my blog post with the same letter. :)
Rachel - I've used RSS feeds in the past but haven't explored some of the other features like sharing them to a public reader page or tagging the feeds like you would with a social bookmarking tool. I'm not sure that I'll continue to use the "share"/public reader page but I will continue to check the feeds and use the reader. I think I am going to continue using Diigo to keep track of my resources as well instead of setting up the bookmarking feature with the reader. Have you figured out a way to keep track of the resources you come across with your reader?
ReplyDeleteRachel, Great post, very nicely stated. I didn't use RSS posts previously but since it has made my job easier to keep up on current events, etc.
ReplyDeleteI really am finding I enjoy all these tools we are learning, it is helpin helping my job a lot. Thought not with kids but I am able to inform teachers of ways to help their job with the kids. It is great!