On a brighter more energetic note, I have never felt more prepared about conferences that I had this year. Since I just had my students submit all their reflections electronically I was able to pull up all the info at conferences if their was a question about a grade. (I tend to get the "How do you get a C in art?" or "How can you give an F in art, he turned something in at least, right?")
Since the google docs reflections are all shared with me and a picture of the project is attached, I was able to "show" parents how a student earns a C, etc.
Moodle was also an excellent resource for me. I had many parents say they were excited to see the art project we were doing, have the directions, see examples and look at their child's art work after it has been finished (via google docs and presentation). In addition, I was so much more organized for conferences too. I only needed my laptop! No more projects, paper rubrics, direction sheets, class rosters, etc. I had everything I needed in my moodle or linked to my moodle.
For all the hard work and time I spent putting this moodle together so far, I reaped some major benefits over the last 2 days.
--Update on my project. I have created all three of my curricular units, posted them, created project sheets, direction guides, presentations and rubrics. Now I am focused on the quizzes. I need to figure out how to create them in a more timely manor. I have an appointment set up with my tech dept. for next week Tuesday. I am hoping to hear some good news about setting quizzes up as it has been taking me almost 2 hours to create one 15 question quiz. (The quiz is automatic scoring and immediate feedback too, so that may be why it is taking so long. I have to have responses for all the correct and incorrect answers.)
I hope that by next week at this time, I will be able to say I have complete the quizzes and now just need the students to take them!
No comments:
Post a Comment