The idea of the photo is two-fold. THe first is that I usually spend hours grading at school to make sure I am grading the right project. I do formative assessments throughout he project so having the photo inserted on the picture is just a great way to "jog" my memory. By the time I get to assessing their project I pretty much already know how they performed on the project. The other reason why I want them to insert a picture is so I can give them "mini" photo assignments like turn in a color picture and a black and white or create a comic strip (using toon-do, etc) with your image.
Monday, October 10, 2011
The Beginning of the End
So I began my moodle pages and had my students submit their first electronic rubric/evaluation. Overall, I think it has been a great success. We had some issues with our server at school, which caused some of my classes to not be able to access the moodle and their google docs but still it was all online the students just did it at home instead. I really like having them submit their work to me online and have already been thinking about how I can make it even more successful. For instance, I have decided for their next project that they will complete the self reflection, unit questions and rubric online through google docs as well as insert a picture of their project too. I will NEVER have to take work home again! Just kidding!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like your project is off to a great start, Rachel! Mine, on the other hand, is starting a little later than I would have liked, since I had to re-create my proposal from scratch. I was told in August I would be changing grade levels, so I had to change the project I had to fit my new grade level. However, it's all changed now and I am very excited to start training my second graders to use their remotes with the SMARTBoard using SMART Response!
ReplyDelete