Sunday, October 16, 2011

Tweaking the Proposal

After meeting with louis this week I feel like my proposal is sooo much more manageable now. I had one very large culminating experience set up and was beginning to feel quite overwhelmed!

The new proposal is similar to the old one but much more focused now. I am going to be focusing on creating a moodle as my classroom "hub" and developing/implementing 6 curricular projects by Thanksgiving. I will be focusing more on how to use moodle as an instructional tool now. I will be learning the ins and out of moodle, developing slideshows, tutorials, google docs worksheets, rubrics and direction guides for my moodle.

This week I focused on setting up the moodle so it was easy to navigate, organized and consistent. Since I teach 3 different levels and art classes (Art fundamentals, 2d concepts, 3d concepts) I wanted to make sure they all looked the same so that as students move through the art program at FOx RIver, they will be familiar with the moodle set up.

I spent over 7 hours figuring out how I wanted to organize my moodle pages--probably too much time, but now I LOVE how it is set up. I piloted it with AF classes and they found it very easy to navigate! They like how I created a "topic" box for each project, posted a picture of the project and created links to project directions, daily learner goals, rubric, project examples. I am using google docs to create all my online worksheets so that if i need to change anything on the file, I don't have to re-upload a new word document--google does it right on the web! woohoo!

I learned sooo much more about moodle from "play" this week that my colleagues are asking me for moodle help! I am still in the dark about using the assignment and quiz options but feel so much more confident in my understand of the layout and "resources" options for moodle.


1 comment:

  1. Rachel,
    I created a Moodle for my IMC, although I do not use it quite like you. I do like that the students can go to ONE place to get access to things I want them to have access too, and I'm sure you feel the same. It also sounds like you have a better handle on your project and feel less overwhelmed, which is also how I felt in the beginning. Your project sounds very interesting, and I hope your students enjoy it. And hopefully it will be something that you can do every year!

    ReplyDelete