Not that I reflected on my own use of cooperative learning I am lacking cooperative learning with technology. I rarely have the students us the computers or online applications for their group. I use it for individual projects so why not use it with the group ones? I think that I will have to try and explore some of the techniques and tips in the book and eventually make it work for me. This will take some time and practice but if it works better for student achievement -Great!
Sunday, September 26, 2010
cooperative learning
After reading chapter 7 I found that I use cooperative learning groups within my classroom more frequently than I previously thought. I have base groups I use for critiquing peer artwork, informal groups for quick activities (I do the colors of the rainbow and each kids gets with the same color instead of numbering them off!) and more formal groups for large projects or when we do station work like the pottery wheel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love using a wiki for group projects. The group saves the "front page" for the presentation and opens individual pages for themselves. This way, I can see what each individual is contributing to the group and the presentation page, and I am able to give feedback sooner than paper and pen projects. Also, everything is time/date stamped, so I have a written record when a student does not meet a deadline. It has come in handy for parent questions.
ReplyDelete