Rubistar is a neat website for creating rubrics. Personally, I like to create my own from scratch but this resource is an excellent way for teachers that are not familiar or comfortable creating a rubric to make one. A great feature that rubistar has is the ability to edit the rubrics as they are created. It is extremely user friendly and many of the rubric categories are flexible enough to fix just about any subject area or project.
In the past I have used some of the rubistar categories and explanations in my own as I find the wording to be student friendly and easy to understand. Sometimes it can be difficult to design a rubric that is specific enough yet useable for my diverse group of learners.
I agree completely, Rachel! Now that I've been teaching for 11 years, I can throw together a rubric pretty quickly, but I used to use Rubistar A LOT when I first started teaching. Rubrics are one of those things that you are expected to use as a new teacher, but you weren't necessarily ever taught how to make one. I also found Rubistar to be extremely user-friendly with language even my third graders can understand. Good insight!
ReplyDelete